Monday 30 January 2012

Self analysis of problem

So there I am, wondering why I cannot talk to [redacted] without by brain freezing up and generally me being reduced to an inert, totally passive spanner with the total inability to coherently speak/form sentences/carry a conversation.

So I thought, "lets find out!"... (and so lulz shall be had...)

Let me show you the results... In true Linux nerd style, ala BASH Shell session!

<session opened: BASH>
infodox@localhost:~$ talk [redacted]
Permission Denied.
infodox@localhost:~$ sudo bash
Password: *****************
root@localhost:~# talk [redacted]
Segmentation Fault.
Core Dumped.
root@localhost:~# which talk
/usr/bin/talk
root@localhost:~# ./crashtracer.pl -c "/usr/bin/talk [redacted]"
[+] Hooking /usr/bin/talk binary...
[*] Attempting to trigger the crash...
[+] Crash detected! Parsing Data!
[*] Heuristic: Stack Overflow Detected
[*] /usr/bin/talk EIP: x6c696c79
[*] /usr/bin/talk ESP: x6c696c79
[*] Buffersize: 4
[+] Testing is RCE possible...[!]
[-] It is only DoS, could not load shellcode.
[!] Solution/migitation: Don't try to talk to [redacted]
root@localhost:~# exit
infodox@localhost:~$ exit
<session closed>

So, it seems that every time I try talking to "[redacted]" it simply causes me to buffer overflow and "crash". or at least, my brain does. A simple, logical solution is to just avoid "[redacted]", but that does not FIX the issue at hand. It seems there is some underlying issue here that leads to this "denial of service" condition...

Perhaps I know "[redacted]" is smarter than me? More socially capable than I? Probably (definately) a better reader of people than me? That shit probably makes me feel insecure, likely makes me feel outmatched. Possibly.
The depth of feeling I have found for [redacted] likely is a major factor too. Not a day goes by without them somehow appearing in my mind at random...

This shit has gotta end soon. Somehow. Be it in a happily ever after fairyland ending or with lulzy rejection and a /bin/rm -rf of a few files, it HAS to end. Else it may well destroy me, or at least ROYALLY fuck me over. I know it is causing me some serious instability and taking up FAR too many clock cycles of late to be healthy in its current state... All I need now is the time and the place.

<footnotes>
* those that know me IRL will know I often see my mind as a Linux box that crashes more than Windows Vista. They also will know I use "terminal sessions" as a visualisation method to structure thoughts.

** For those of you who really know your shit, there is a clue as to who "[redacted]" may well be. I left the clue there for the same reason I do ANYTHING. I did it for the fucking lulz.

*** No, I have NOT yet written said auto-awesome Perl script to test crashes for RCE... YET!!

No comments:

Post a Comment